Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Thirty Traits for Which to Pray #1 Salvation

When I was home schooling my two children, spiritual training was included, of course. It was a part of our everyday life. We prayed for ourselves, that we would be godly parents. We prayed that we would bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, as it says in Ephesians 6:4: “And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.”

The traits I’ll be sharing come from a source I cannot identify (because I clipped the page and cut it into sections). The author presented topics for thirty days of prayer for your children. I looked for the source via Google, but have not come up with it. If you know the source, I would love to give credit.

#1 Salvation

Lord, let your salvation spring up within my children,
that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

“Drip down, O heavens, from above,
And let the clouds pour down righteousness;
Let the earth open up and salvation bear fruit,
And righteousness spring up with it.
I, the LORD, have created it.”

Isaiah 45:8 (NASB)

“For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen,
so that they also may obtain the salvation
which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.”

2 Timothy 2:10 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment